Entry into Singapore
STAA has put in place requirements by Singapore's Council of Private Education (CPE) for EduTrust Certification Scheme to include Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) and Medical Insurance Coverage for all its students regardless of their nationality.
Student Visa Application
Documents to be submitted for Student's Pass application:
- Completed Student Pass application forms: Form 16 and V36
- Certified copy of passport, highest academic qualification, highest academic transcripts, and bank statement/fixed deposit account/saving account
- Scanned copy of passport-sized photo of the applicant (in high resolution)
- The Immigration & Checkpoints Authority may request for additional documents when necessary
The general processing time for a new application is about 4 weeks upon the receipt of a duly completed application by ICA. However it is advisable for international students to apply at least 8 weeks in advance as some applications may take a longer time to process before the commencement of each intake.
Applicants are advised to enter Singapore to complete the formalities for the issuance of a Student's Pass only after their applications have been approved.
A processing fee of S$30 is required for every application submitted to ICA. The fee is non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application or if the application has been withdrawn after submission.
This processing fee will be borne by the international student as it will not be included within the course fees.
It is advisable for international students to ensure that they are financially independent throughout their course of study. For the period when they are based in Singapore, international students are required to seek for their own accommodation and transportation as they are not included in the course fees payable.
Besides the course fees for the enrolled programme, the estimated monthly cost of living is as shown as below.
|Type of Costs||Estimated Amount (S$)|
|Accommodation (Monthly Rented Room)||$600-$1200|
|Personal & Miscellaneous Expenses||$300-$400|
- The costs are based on a conservative estimation for a reasonable lifestyle. The actual amount could be higher or lower depending on the the student's expenditure patterns.
- All amount are stated in Singapore dollars