Home > Cadet Admissions > International Applicants
International applicants who are interested to join STAA go through a similar application process as Singaporean applicants.
Please note that international applicants are required to be present in Singapore personally for all the selection procedures in order to be accepted into the programmes.
- Consider your career aspirations and personal circumstances to select your preferred pilot training programme.
- Ensure that you meet the entry requirements for the selected programme.
- Download the application form available on our website, have it duly completed and submitted.
- Please ensure that all necessary supporting documents are submitted with the application form.
- If your application has been accepted, you will be shortlisted for the first selection test.
- Please note that you will need to be in Singapore personally for the selection test.
- If you manage to pass the selection test, you will go through the first interview with our STAA Panel.
- Applicants will also need to obtain their Class 1 and 2 medical certificate by the relevant national aviation authority in order to qualify for the programme.
- Applicants applying for airline cadetship programmes will attend an additional interview with the airline if shortlisted.
- Please have sufficient funds to support yourself throughout the duration of the training course.
- For applicants who are taking up a bank loan, please ensure all arrangements are in place before the course commencement date.
- For international students, please note that you will need to have bank loans settled in your own country as you will not be eligible to take up loans with Singapore banks.
- Additionally, foreign applicants will need to apply for a student pass with the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA) in order to stay in Singapore.
- Accommodation is not provided during the training period in Singapore so foreign applicants will have to seek for their own accommodation in Singapore.
- Foreign applicants must provide an acceptable proof of their English proficiency before enrolling into the academy. (E.g. IELTS Overall Grade of 6.0).
- Lastly, you will sign a training contract with STAA. Upon signing the contract, you will officially be a cadet with STAA.